For questions that are not addressed on the Website, please contact the program directly.
The requirements for admission to the athletic training graduate program include:
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree
- Preference is given to applicants with a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0
- Specific Required Courses (minimum grade of “C”):
- 4 credits of Biology with lab
- 8 credits of Anatomy and Physiology I and II with labs
- 4 credits of Chemistry with lab
- 4 credits of Physics with lab
- 3 credits of Psychology
- 3 credits of Kinesiology or Biomechanics
- 3 credits of Statistics
NOTES: Required science coursework must be completed within the last ten years.
All prerequisites must be completed by the end of the spring term of the year that applicants are applying.
- Recommended Courses:
- Exercise Physiology
- Other Admission/Application Requirements:
- 50 hours of volunteer clinical experience observing an athletic trainer
- Current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Two reference letters: One must be from an Athletic Trainer who has supervised applicant's athletic training clinical experience and can attest to the applicant's potential as an athletic training student
- TOEFL scores (international students)
- Personal statement
GRE is not required