The mission of the Health Science major is to provide the highest quality undergraduate education that integrates the principles of scholarship, ethics, cultural competency, communication skills, critical thinking, evidence-based practice, and civic orientation to meet the diverse regional needs of the evolving health care industry.
- We utilize experiential learning communities that integrate opportunities for collaborative and active learning to improve student learning outcomes.
- We promote the values of ethical, competent, and compassionate health care.
- We develop critical and independent thinking skills through the utilization of evidence-based teaching techniques and the implementation of emerging educational technologies.
- We provide students with knowledge and skills to enter the healthcare workforce, pursue graduate education, or secure professional opportunities in health care through rigorous scholarship, self-discovery, teamwork, evidence-based practice, and leadership.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students will demonstrate the ability to:
- actively engage in scholarship by developing original research problems, applying research designs and methods, and communicating those ideas in research writing.
- integrate and apply requisite discipline specific knowledge, skills, competencies, ethical and professional values in a chosen healthcare field.
- use evidence in critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making processes.
- work collaboratively in diverse teams.
- effectively communicate by demonstrating proficiency in written and oral communication skills.