March 21, 2020
I hope you are staying well and safe. You should have all received a message from the Provost indicating that we continue to plan to begin remote instruction on March 30th.
As we prepare to welcome you back virtually, I would like to share some tips with you in setting up your virtual workspace:
- Choose an area that is free of distractions and noise, if possible
- Use a head set or ear buds to limit outside noise
- Have all you need at your workspace (paper, books, pens, highlighters, etc.)
- Make sure the area is well lite
- Have a comfortable chair to sit in and try to maintain proper body mechanics (here are some examples)
- Stay hydrated, keep some water handy
- Sanitize your keyboard and mouse frequently, as well as washing your hands
I also urge you to stay in contact with your classmates, during class and after. It has been proven that one of the greatest tools for managing these types of situations is having support and working in teams. So get your team together and forge forward.
You will continue to hear from your course instructors and advisors throughout the rest of the semester with further instructions.
Again, your safety and health is most important. Please reach out to me or your faculty if you need assistance.
Wishing you and yours health and safety.
Stacy Jaffee Gropack, PT., Ph.D., FASAHP
Dean and Professor