The mission of the School of Health Professions is to provide the highest quality education in an inter-professional learning environment that fosters scholarly activity, including basic, translational and educational research, critical thinking, evidence-based practice, leadership, and professionalism, while affirming the importance of ethical behavior, human diversity, equity and inclusion, cutting-edge technology, and a team approach to health care.
To achieve this, the School endeavors to:
- Promote patient health and well-being by teaching the knowledge, behavior, and skills needed to ensure excellence in practice;
- Expand knowledge and inspire ideas through research, scholarship and creative activity;
- Facilitate innovative and responsible methods of managing and delivering high quality, cost-effective, accessible health care;
- Respond to current and emerging public health challenges both locally and globally;
- Cultivate partnerships among faculty, staff, students, and community.
The School of Health Professions strives to be the preferred choice for tomorrow's interprofessional healthcare workforce, preparing the next generation of high-quality clinicians, while supporting basic, translational and educational research, and innovative, inclusive teaching that anticipates and responds to the needs of our diverse community, our region, and beyond.