The mission of the School of Health Professions is to provide the highest quality education in an inter-professional learning environment that fosters scholarly activity, including basic, translational and educational research, critical thinking, evidence-based practice, leadership, and professionalism, while affirming the importance of ethical behavior, human diversity, equity and inclusion, cutting-edge technology, and a team approach to health care.
To achieve this, the School endeavors to:
- Promote patient health and well-being by teaching the knowledge, behavior, and skills needed to ensure excellence in practice;
- Expand knowledge and inspire ideas through research, scholarship and creative activity;
- Facilitate innovative and responsible methods of managing and delivering high quality, cost-effective, accessible health care;
- Respond to current and emerging public health challenges both locally and globally;
- Cultivate partnerships among faculty, staff, students, alumni, and community.
The School of Health Professions strives to be the preferred choice for tomorrow's interprofessional healthcare workforce, preparing the next generation of high-quality clinicians, while supporting basic, translational and educational research, and innovative, inclusive teaching that anticipates and responds to the needs of our diverse community, our region, and beyond.